Brief from today’s announcement
Travel out of Auckland
- People will be able to travel to or from Auckland from December 15 to January 17, 2022
- If they have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine
- Or have returned a negative test 72 hours before depature
- Police will have operational discretion and those who break the rules could face a $1000 fine.
- On Auckland’s northern boundary, police will work with iwi and so people there have confidence checks are in place to keep people safe.
- On enforcement, that is being left with police
- Police will be communicating with the people of Tai Tokerau to make sure movement was safe.
Traffic Light System
- On November 29, Cabinet will confirm Auckland’s move into the traffic light system, into the Red level
- The move to the new system will be very soon after the November 29 Cabinet meeting and will be a 24-48 hour transition
- The rest of the country will move at the same time as Auckland, the Government will confirm at that time.
- Areas with lower vaccination areas will be moved into the red level to protect people and promote vaccinations.