Tēnā koutou e nga rangatira o Kahukura Ariki
MEA have partnered with Kanorau – Te Wānanga o Aotearoa to deliver a series of marae based and community digital programmes over the next month. For more information check out our website www.kanorau.nz
We would like to offer the opportunity for Kahukura Ariki to host these on your marae.
The programme is free, the workshop is only three hours and for each person who registers your marae will receive $50.00 per attendee. So if you can get 16 people that will be $800.00 for your marae. A win win because you get free digital skills, our team brings the equipment and facilitators and workbooks and your marae will finally be able to work out how to maximise their digital screens and equipment (if you have it).
Our lead facilitator is Hemi Ruka (Ngāti Pakau/Ngāpuhi) who spent the last 2 years delivering digital training as part of the NGEN Room and also delivered the Marae Digital Capability programme to over 30 marae nationwide.
He will be joined by local facilitators who will help support and awhi the learning.
Whats on offer?
We have programmes that will help give an overview and build your confidence in each of the following areas
- Introduction to Google Tools
- Understand how to use your marae digital equipment effectively
- Digital Tikanga – keeping yourself safe online, budgeting, paying bills online, digital banking, presentations, google searching
- Navigating online environments safely
- Digital Communications – how to use these systems
Social media apps
- Google maps
- Digital Job Seeking
- Online services – Freeview, ACC, IRD. Real Me
- Extension training – Microsoft 365, Google Classroom, Facebook for Business, Video Editing
We also have a whakapapa platform and other support services we can link you to, or if you are wanting to get computers onto your marae that can be covered in the wānanga.
We can deliver the training online if this is preferable or come to your marae and deliver onsite.
If you are interested please email through to Sophia – email@example.com who will work with our team to co-ordinate and organise in partnership with your hau kainga representatives